Friday, April 4, 2014

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou First Impressions

I think it was the title that got me on this one...I mean The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior- literal translation being We Are All From Dormitory Kawai which has a double meaning of 'We are all pitful'. 

Since this is my impression of the very first episode I'm not going to break my thoughts down into animation, plot, etc. After all first impressions can be deceiving.

What is it though? It's like if Kyomi Ararararagi decided to bunk up with Mikasa, a slightly younger much more drunk Becky, and the flip side of Genkai. A teenager wants to live on his own while his parents are traveling so he ends up in the care of Kawai residence. Saying anymore than that would be a spoiler, but so far I think it's pretty fun. It's made by Brain's Base, a studio known for making anime like Durarara, Baccano, and D-frag. The whole thing is just entertaining to look at. I mean it's somewhere between Shaft and Silver Link. The environments aren't stunning, but you do have those crazy popups prevalent in both Silver Link and Shaft. The script is pretty good, and the music fits well. 

Is it worth watching? Yeah. When it comes out at 11:30 tomorrow on crunchyroll, I'm sure it will. How'd I watch the first episode? That's for me to know, and you to not. 



So this isn't that long, and that's mainly because I'm procrastinating on the Golden Time review. Anyhow, thanks for reading! I know this was short and pretty bad, but I will have Golden Time review out sometime between now and when Half Life 3 comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment