Saturday, May 10, 2014

Should you watch Kenzen Robo Dailmidaler?

To say that I like this anime would be akin to smearing my name in dirt, dragging it through the tar sans oil fields and asking Rob Ford to help me to compose my apology letter. Such a good thing that I'm just voicing the opinion of a very good...friend of mine named...Franswa.
Do not think what you're thinking right now, I guarantee you're wrong.


Bad jokes aside, while I don't think it's a very good anime, I have to say that I've been enjoying this anime so far. You see I'm all for silly crazy stupid crap in anime, because outside of trippy webcomics or axecop, this is the only place you find shows like these. Penguin robots vs the robotic version of Hellboy with dreadlocks, powered by the power of Ero particles. Only TNK, the studio behind anime such as Highschool DXD and I My Me! Strawberry Eggs could've pulled this one off. Welcome to damidaler. While I wouldn't go so far as to say this is a good anime , I will so far as to say that it knows what it is and how to deal with that. The show isn't about romance, so it doesn't push it on you. The characters aren't the spotlight either, so it doesn't make any forced development. It's all about two things; comedy and fan-service. Any studio can do fanservice well, but I think the show has a lot of good comical assets as well. While I never found myself laughing as hard as I would in Nichijou or Noucome, I still found myself smirking from time to time. I also have to give them credit for the mech designs. If nothing else they look unique. 
Pretty hard not to draw similarities

Oh and that opening. Out of all of the openings this season, I would have to say that this is my favorite. You can tell that the singer is into it. He's not just writing and singing a random tune for some stupid anime, he's giving it his all. 

  Basically the anime is worth your time if you like comedy and fanservice. It's good for what it is (especially because there's no harem), but it isn't any fullmetal or even Highschool DXD.

 Thanks for Reading! I know this one is a bit light on the comedy, sorry about that. Just ain't really feeling it right now. Likes, follows, and spreading the word are all really appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment