Saturday, March 29, 2014

Kill La Kill Episode 24 Short Reaction

After twenty-four episodes, Kill La Kill has finally ended. I was tied between either doing a review of this, or trying a review of Golden Time, but I think this'll come first. 


So it's a reaction, so spoilers, duh.

Overall the episode was one long epic mess. It was crazy! How the hell did they have all of that in 24 minutes? The pacing is amazing for this episode! It genuinely feels the way a climax should; ramping up every little aspect of the show, giving every little character their bit of screen time. I'm sorry guys, but as far as finales go, I like this one even more than Gurren Lagann.

I do have one complaint, it barely detracted from the experience, but I have to say it anyway. Why the hell didn't Ryouko fall in front instead of Senketsu?! She's freaking invincible, and her regenerative abilities could heal her in time. Okay, I actually answered my own question; Senketsu was already being torn apart, he took the fall in order to save Ryouko some pain.

So here's my other question; why did Senketsu have to die in the first place? The show's over, and with such an abrupt death, it's hard to squeeze any character development out. Why not freaking give a happy ending to your characters for once, Trigger? In Gurren Lagann, the love interest died under similar circumstances, in Panty and Stocking, the bad guys just win, and here one of the best characters of this show up and dies. And don't even get me started on Evangelion---because I haven't seen all of it, so it would be hard to rant. I just found it pointless; hell if life fibers come to the planet again, they really will be screwed. 


Thanks for reading, in any case. To be honest I think Kill La Kill earns most of its hype, and I'm kinda pumped tp review it now. So hope to see you tomorrow. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment