Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Top Twelve Anime of the winter season that you should be watching (and in all likelihood are) Part Two

Jesus, ok, Time for a serious apology. For the past few weeks, I've been a bit--okay a lot flaky (that doesn't make sense grammatically does it) Anyway I wanted to apologize, and say that I'm going to try o redouble my efforts in pumping these posts out.





8) Nobunaga the Fool-- From the guys who brought you Nobunaga taking over the Pokemon Realm, and the creator of history geek travels back in time to hook up with a gender bended Nobunaga, comes a concept slightly more serious than Nobunaga as a gun. Meet Nobunaga the Fool. Join Nobunaga, looking nothing like the real Nobunaga, and his merry band of equally inaccurate looking historical figures, as they battle in mechs in a weird sci-fi world that makes about as much sense as... it makes as much sense as a historical steampunk alternate universe mech epic anime can.

But really what's good about this series? Animation for one thing. Mech designs seem kind simple at first but as they get more regalia (would explain what that is, but my guess is as good as yours) they become more and more complex. They have some nice spins on them that make them look synonymous with a certain culture while not looking as silly as well...
Yes Netherland, be proud!


For such a weird concept it takes itself pretty seriously. Normally i would bash this, but the plot is pretty good. It isn't End of Evangelion, but it's damn close. It's so damn confusing, nothing is explained, and no backstory is given on the world itself. I mean it's nice that it isn't explained as if you're a five year old with a butterfly's attention span, but come on guys. Just a little bit of context is great. In any case, if you're looking for one of those grand war mech anime akin to Code Geass, or Gundam, look no further. At the very least, it'll entertain. 

I love it when a show tries to have a plot, I really do. Especially when said plot involves Nobunaga, Jeane d' Arc, and Leonardo Da Vinci. Need I say more? It has Leonardo Da Vinci as an engineer and some sort of fortune teller!



7) Nisekoi-- What do you get when you get when you cross Shaft with a generic romance anime? You get Shaft making a generic romance anime.


There would be a funny video here, but instead there's a link, because blogger problems

Okay, Okay. It's not really generic. Aside from the fact that it looks like you just walked into the Japanese Louve, it's actually pretty refreshing. I mean, I love the Monogatari series, but I can't really blaze through the episodes like I can with this. Why? Well for one thing the cameraman went to go train in the Guiana highlands, and has now returned with a slightly longer attention-span, that allows him to stay at an angle for more than a millisecond. Don't worry though, they're are still plenty of Shaft Head tilts to go around. Characters aren't the most interesting in the world, but they're pretty fun. What's my favorite part about the anime though? Chitoge Kirisaki. She's actually a freaking tsundere! She isn't one of those fall-in-love-at-first-sight tsunderes we see everywhere nowadays, she legitimately is unsure of whether or not she likes the main character or not! Aside from that the anime features Yuki Kaji playing the pervert best friend, what a surprise. Some of you might know him for his role as Eren from AoT, while the rest of you know him as Issei from Highschool DXD, and I know him as Yoto from Henneko. Anyhow, the anime is pretty funny, on top of being a visual spectacle with an interesting concept and a cool little mystery.

6) Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren

Bet ya didn't expect this to be here. No really though, most of the reason that I like this show is that I have someone else to talk about it (and really when i say talk I mean fanboy over). I mean the reason that this blog started was so that I could express my opinions of shows, because no-one else watches the shows I watch. But enough about me, what do you like about me? 
                                             Yeah sorry for the audio, but you do get to see the awesome animation!

Okay jokes aside, this show is not just a moe slice of life. What surprised me most about was actually the fact that A-- there's a boy in a club of girls, and it's not a harem B---The Romance wasn't a love triangle (Episode 9 guys) C--It had some serious character development and approached a topic in a way I didn't think possible. In other words it made shit up Kaiki Style. The reason why the show isn't higher on this list is because, well...it hasn't gotten to the level that the first season did. So far there's a lot of nice romance going on here, but not much else. Animation is fantastic, and fight scenes are campy while still touting eye-popping visuals, girls are still so moe that even the most hardcore 90s fan would begrudgingly grit there teeth while saying 'Kawaii- Desu'. maybe it'll get even better, who knows? 
But really, if you don't daaawww right here, I'm convinced you're a serial killer

That's it this time around. You guys disagree or agree? By the way did you guys here that Durarara is getting a second season? Unlike the Half Life three posts that haunt my existence, this is actually real! Now come on Kyotoani! Just freaking announce that one anime that really needs a third season! Anyhow, thanks for reading, and with any luck I'll see you tomorrow...when I publish my next post. That got creepy for a second there.























No comments:

Post a Comment