Thursday, November 21, 2013

Super fanboy rant with Shakugan No Shana




ITZ TOTALLY DA BEST, GUYZ EVERY1 SHOULD WATCH IT SERIOZLY CMMON GAAAH!

On a more serious tone, I've been seeing a ton of people calling this anime overrated, and not that good of a series, and from a critical standpoint I can see it. It suffers from pacing, some bland character design, a plot that can be too complex sometimes, and too simple at others. If i was a critic i would be hissing, with me hands in a cross motion, while waving around holy water, but I'm not. I'm a guy who has a blog, and that blog has this guy's opinions. So my Opinion of Shakugan no Shana is very simply this: It is my favorite anime of all time. As someone show enjoys watching anime I just love the show. I mean, generally I am not a harsh critic, generally (though my next review is going to be pretty damn harsh) in fact most anime I just enjoy. I'm happy with pretty much any anime. Why is this? I like to think that of any medium of storytelling, anime is very much subjective. More so than other forms of entertainment. Yes, there are those anime which are just universally hated, but i still stand by my point. I really don't have nay evidence to support this, and I'm really to sick to do so, but yeah... I could go on to justify my love for this anime, but I don't want to. In the end with a show like this, I just love it for what it is. I think all of us have something like this. Whether it be a show, a book, a song, a movie, whatever. There is some kind of piece of entertainment out there that strikes a chord with us. i don't know why. Or rather there are reasons, why but i don't want to get into them. I don't want to pick apart everything about it, saying this is good, and this is bad, because if I were to do that, the show would be ruined for me. I say this because, as a reviewer I know that there's a lot wrong about the show, but as a person it remains the best anime in existence. I speak only for myself here, but hear me out. When reviewing something I find I will like it less than I did previously. This is because I'm dissecting each and every little bit about it, figuring out what is good and what is bad. This is because when I review something, it is not for me. It is to try to look at it from the opposing side. I have to look at everything both ways, and that can ruin the experience for me. For instance in my recent review of Btooom! I found a few flaws with the show by reviewing it. Where I had come into the review, expecting a 10/10 GUYSH AMAZING PIECE OF ART!, I actually ended up coming out of it, a little less enthusiastic. So that's that, this isn't a review, though I encourage you to watch Shakugan no Shana, in all seriousness, even from a critical standpoint, the show isn't really bad. I mean it has great action sequences, not as much fanservice as I expected, good comedy, amazing OST with a saxophone in it, and romance that to this day still gives me the feels. So there we go. Thanks for looking at this, I have other real reviews, down below somewhere. 

Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment